Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Trade In Question

Hello, I am planning on upgrading my Macbook Pro 2018 to the 2021 M1 Macbook Pro. I am planning to do a trade-in for the $950 credit and make the purchase on my Apple Card. However, I need my current Macbook for work until I receive the new Macbook. How can I do this when the trade-in period is 14 days from the day of purchase and the delivery is 4-5 weeks out? Thank you!

Best,

Kai

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:28 PM

the 14 day period begins when you receive the trade in box and that is usually shipped around the same time the new device is shipped. So you have about a week to transfer your stuff. By the way, transfers are easiest if done from an external backup drive; you should have a backup anyway. Ignore the other post - you cannot use a phone to transfer computer files.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 8:28 PM in response to YKHstudio

the 14 day period begins when you receive the trade in box and that is usually shipped around the same time the new device is shipped. So you have about a week to transfer your stuff. By the way, transfers are easiest if done from an external backup drive; you should have a backup anyway. Ignore the other post - you cannot use a phone to transfer computer files.

Nov 5, 2021 7:34 PM in response to YKHstudio

YKHstudio Said:

"Macbook Pro Trade In Question: Hello, I am planning on upgrading my Macbook Pro 2018 to the 2021 M1 Macbook Pro. I am planning to do a trade-in for the $950 credit and make the purchase on my Apple Card. However, I need my current Macbook for work until I receive the new Macbook. How can I do this when the trade-in period is 14 days from the day of purchase and the delivery is 4-5 weeks out? Thank you!"

-------

Use Another computer (or your iPhone, if an applicable option).

As for performing trade-in, go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support

Macbook Pro Trade In Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.