Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensharing the way they do from Applecare.

Sometimes it happens that a friend asks me help for some setting on his Mac. I am 75 and my friend's age usually is in the same range. How could I see their screen the same way as they do from Applecare ?

I mean: not working on their machine but just see their screen and moving a red arrow on it to show the way to proceed. Will it be possible ? How ?

Thanks for your time.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 7:55 AM

In the Screen Sharing App you can Make a new connection and type in the contact name. I wasn’t able to check if it works across the internet.

Do used to be able to do it in messages by clicking on the pop-up menu next to the Contact name, But I don’t see that anymore.

I also think that that contact needs to have an iCloud address in your contacts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 7:55 AM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

In the Screen Sharing App you can Make a new connection and type in the contact name. I wasn’t able to check if it works across the internet.

Do used to be able to do it in messages by clicking on the pop-up menu next to the Contact name, But I don’t see that anymore.

I also think that that contact needs to have an iCloud address in your contacts.

Nov 8, 2021 1:47 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barney-15E, great help. The App is really not easy to be found. It works typing the contact name and also in internet. My wife and I used a different connection (FTTH for my iMac and cellular connection for her MacBookPro. The only improvement I would like to find is the cursor on the shared screen. While I was connected with Apple I could see a red arrow very clear and not to be confused with my mouse. In our experiment the controlled screen could see only my mouse if the connection was set to let the control. If my wife accepted the connection only to see the screen without control she could not see any arrow, only a kind of zoom point in the position where I clicked. Anyway not a great problem, just figuring which could be still improved. Thanks again !!!

Screensharing the way they do from Applecare.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.