Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro with magic keyboard and Facebook screen freeze

The issue that I am having is that my new IPad with Magic keyboard combination will cause the Facebook “comments” touch to lock up my iPad.

If I REMOVE the iPad from my keyboard, Facebook behaves flawlessly.

I am trying to be clear here:

Every function in the Facebook app works perfectly EXCEPT for “comment” or “comments”.

Touching the screen or mouse pointing with the keyboard on “comment(s)” will freeze the iPad totally

I have uninstalled Facebook two times.

I have restarted my iPad after changing settings many times.

I have had this iPad for 3 months and this issue started after the latest software update.

This is directly related to the keyboard, as I have said, the iPad (by itself) does not have this Facebook problem.

Other people are having this issue also and it was suggested to turn ON Keyboard access under accessibility. Yes, this did work for the facebook commenting issue, but it came at a price with the functioning of the keyboard space bar and having blue boxes appear everywhere on the screen.

I am just here hoping that someone at Apple will address this pretty serious issue.

Thanks everyone.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:16 AM

Boundarywaterz wrote:

it was suggested to turn ON Keyboard access under accessibility. Yes, this did work for the facebook commenting issue, but it came at a price with the functioning of the keyboard space bar and having blue boxes appear everywhere on the screen.

If you go further into your Accessibility settings, you will find a place where you can deactivate that special function for Space. That way you can have keyboard access ON and still use Space as normal.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Boundarywaterz

Boundarywaterz wrote:

it was suggested to turn ON Keyboard access under accessibility. Yes, this did work for the facebook commenting issue, but it came at a price with the functioning of the keyboard space bar and having blue boxes appear everywhere on the screen.

If you go further into your Accessibility settings, you will find a place where you can deactivate that special function for Space. That way you can have keyboard access ON and still use Space as normal.

Nov 6, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Boundarywaterz

I literally came to the forum just now to get help with the same exact issue and it was the first posting on the forum. How about that! . Sorry I don’t have any answers. It sounds like maybe this is a Facebook issue and not Apple. Thank you for posting. I hope we get some answers.

Like Boundarywaterz I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling Facebook to no avail.

iPad Pro with magic keyboard and Facebook screen freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.