Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find my personal audio files

Hi, I have had itunes for years and have a family share Apple Music account. I have added personally recorded MP3 files to my library years ago, they are still in my library but they all show the cloud download symbol on my Windows PC iTunes library and om my iPhone. I look at the iCloud and do not see any music files. I have changed PC's a couple of times as well, but I cannot fine real files anywhere. Where are they?

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:23 AM

If you have iTunes content in the cloud then it stored on Apple servers, not in iCloud Drive. You would click the download icons in iTunes (or select multiple tracks and use the right-click context menu) to download them to your computer. Once you have local copies you can back those up and use them outside of the iTunes application.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for a detailed look at how to move your library between computers without losing anything.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 10:23 AM in response to markf24

If you have iTunes content in the cloud then it stored on Apple servers, not in iCloud Drive. You would click the download icons in iTunes (or select multiple tracks and use the right-click context menu) to download them to your computer. Once you have local copies you can back those up and use them outside of the iTunes application.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for a detailed look at how to move your library between computers without losing anything.

tt2

Cannot find my personal audio files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.