Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync/backup of iPhone on Monterey

When I connect my iPhone 13 pro max to my new 16" mac laptop with Monterey, the phone immediately begins to backup and sync. I try to turn off the checkbox but it comes back checked again. How can I get to choose "sync now" instead??

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 1:07 PM

Thanks! The "manually manage..." was not checked. It was below the auto sync button and I didn't see it. that fixed the problem. It would seem more logical to me to have it at the top with the other choice indented under it???

I was wondering how I would have been able to restore the phone from a problem without re-syncing and overwriting the "good" backup already there. Thanks again

John

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 1:07 PM in response to barberlives123

Thanks! The "manually manage..." was not checked. It was below the auto sync button and I didn't see it. that fixed the problem. It would seem more logical to me to have it at the top with the other choice indented under it???

I was wondering how I would have been able to restore the phone from a problem without re-syncing and overwriting the "good" backup already there. Thanks again

John

Nov 7, 2021 10:05 AM in response to JHB2

Hi, JHB2, and thanks for reaching out. We see you are having issues with your iPhone automatically syncing. We'll be glad to help you out.

From here, we recommend following the steps here to turn off "Automatically sync when this [device] is connected" Turn automatic syncing on or off on Mac

If that is the checkbox you were already referring to, you may need to also enable the "Manually manage music, movies and TV shows" option.

We hope that helps.

Cheers!

Sync/backup of iPhone on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.