Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook is full of storage but plenty of storage on iCloud. How can I move more stuff onto iCloud?

My MacBook is full of storage but plenty of storage on iCloud. How can I move more stuff onto iCloud?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Realistically you cannot. You need space on you Mac to hold all that you also upload to iCloud. iCloud is a synchronizing service, not storage. Best to buy and external drive and off load what you can to it. Then selectively set up you iCloud to only sync what you need.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Anthony

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 6:26 AM in response to McDeacon

Realistically you cannot. You need space on you Mac to hold all that you also upload to iCloud. iCloud is a synchronizing service, not storage. Best to buy and external drive and off load what you can to it. Then selectively set up you iCloud to only sync what you need.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Anthony

my macbook is full of storage but plenty of storage on iCloud. How can I move more stuff onto iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.