Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook screen glitching

i dropped my macbook about 6 inches onto carpeted floor but when i picked it up the screen was white and i couldn’t get it back to normal. I have tried restarting and using other methods but nothing seems to be working. some help would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:36 PM

Try forcing the laptop to power down by holding the power button. See if the laptop will then power on.

You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate. Perhaps you will get lucky and it is just a loose cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 4:36 PM in response to HueofGray

Try forcing the laptop to power down by holding the power button. See if the laptop will then power on.

You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate. Perhaps you will get lucky and it is just a loose cable.

Macbook screen glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.