Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print to PDF on my iPad?

I've searched high and low and have found that Apple discontinued availability of apps that allow this. It's very useful on the Mac and I wondered if there is a way to print to PDF on my iPad running latest OS with all patches installed

Danke sehr

Jay

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:13 AM

You can print almost anything to PDF… but the process takes a few steps.

Start by using the Print option in the App from which you are attempting to print; depending upon the App, you may need to use the Share option to find Print.

When the familiar iPad Print page is open, use a two-finger zoom gesture on the thumbnail image of the print page:

This gesture will open a PDF view of the page. From this PDF page tap the Share icon at top-right:

Tapping the Share icon opens the familiar Share sheet. Scroll down the page until you find the Save to Files option:

Tap Save to Files - and choose the destination path to which you wish to save your PDF. When you have selected the path, finish by tapping the Save button.

From the Share sheet, you can obviously choose any of the other available actions - should you choose to do so.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 10:13 AM in response to jbollyn

You can print almost anything to PDF… but the process takes a few steps.

Start by using the Print option in the App from which you are attempting to print; depending upon the App, you may need to use the Share option to find Print.

When the familiar iPad Print page is open, use a two-finger zoom gesture on the thumbnail image of the print page:

This gesture will open a PDF view of the page. From this PDF page tap the Share icon at top-right:

Tapping the Share icon opens the familiar Share sheet. Scroll down the page until you find the Save to Files option:

Tap Save to Files - and choose the destination path to which you wish to save your PDF. When you have selected the path, finish by tapping the Save button.

From the Share sheet, you can obviously choose any of the other available actions - should you choose to do so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.