Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Monterey -- Where did low resolution mode go???

I updated from Big Sur to Monterey and discovered that Apple is no longer supporting "low resolution mode" which is a must-have if you are using a high resolution display with Photoshop, Capture One, etc.

After a discussion with Apple Support, in which they were not helpful and suggested that this is not that useful of a feature if Apple discontinued it, it appears that I will stick to Big Sur until Adobe and other developers can figure out how to build this feature into their software.

Apple claims to be a company focused on creatives, but they keep doing things that make the work of creatives much harder.

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:53 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Dec 5, 2021 12:11 PM in response to den.thed

DisplayMenu does not do the same thing as opening an app in low resolution mode. I can switch the screen resolution in system preferences/displays.

I don't want everything on the screen to be low resolution, just images in Photoshop and Capture One. The low res. setting allowed specific apps to run in low resolution while keeping other apps and the desktop at your preferred resolution.

It is a super useful feature for photo, video, graphics... no idea why they would remove it.

Dec 30, 2021 9:12 AM in response to photogFG

I have an astronomy app called "Polemaster" that requires low resolution on retina displays. Since I upgraded to Monterey,

This app no longer works. The same is true for an app called iPolar which stopped working when I upgraded to Monterey. I am running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). I hope someone at Apple can do something about these problems as there are other Mac users who need these programs to run.

Regards,

Tom Harvey

Mac OS Monterey -- Where did low resolution mode go???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.