Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I access macOS installer downloaded from Recovery

Hi, I have MacBook Pro 2020, in some cases I have to reinstall macOS from Recovery and I know Recovery requires Internet connection to download macOS installer components but I have a question, how can I access macOS installer after downloading using Recovery? I want to access it to save it later because in some cases I have to reinstall macOS my internet is limited I can't redownload 11+ GB every time I want to reinstall macOS But, regardless of the point of the Internet availability, whether it is limited or unlimited, the process of downloading the macOS installer components from Recovery will take time, so why not shorten the time by keeping the macOS installer components for the next installation process in the future?

I would love to see that option at least If there is no way to access macOS installer that is downloaded from Recovery.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:27 PM

Here is an Apple article for creating a bootable macOS USB installer as well as download links to various macOS installers (they must be compatible with your Mac though):

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

2 replies

Where can I access macOS installer downloaded from Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.