Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background Activity

When I have my phone charging I notice that the background activity for iMessage and Photos goes up. For example it will say 19m background and 10m background for iMessage. This makes the screen off time go up as well. When it’s charging is the only time I see the time for it go up. What can I do to stop this issue? I attached a screenshot of what I’m seeing.

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 9:06 AM

All your data should be synch in between all your devices that are signed in to the same Apple ID. Ensure that a good, solid Wi-Fi connection is available to all your devices for the process to complete efficiently.

Axel F.

7 replies

Nov 7, 2021 9:26 PM in response to Rams23

Did you just setup this iPhone? Do you use iCloud for Messages and Photos? It appears that the background activity for Messages and Photos is for syncing with iCloud. The iCloud syncing process generally happens when the iPhone is locked and connected to Power. Once the synching process is completed then you should see very little activity from that point on in the background.

Axel F.

Background Activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.