Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FROZEN Apple TV HD 15.1.1

Apple TV HD, with tvOs 15.1

Found it frozen on the home screen.

Appears normal, but doesn't do anything.

Led doesn't blink when pressing buttons (only flashes when rebooting)

Reboots when pressing menu+home.

Goes regularly into screensaver mode.

Can't connect with "TvRemote" app from iPad (it sees the ATV, but can't connect).

Siri remote works fine.

Connected to two different macs with two different type of connections (adsl and cellular)... both cases I tried multiple times to restore the firmware, but the computer gives the message: "impossible to contact the server for AppleTv software update. Can't find the requested resource" (something like that, I'm translating from Italian.

It appears to me a software problem, but who knows?

Any ideas?

TNX!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 9:53 AM

FIXED...

After tried everything, I just re-paired the Siri Remote.

Very odd: the remote could reboot the ATV, so I didn't think it was the problem.

And very odd: I couldn't update the firmware via Mac.

Anyway problem fixed.

Home button + volume up to pair the Siri Remote.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 9:53 AM in response to x121

FIXED...

After tried everything, I just re-paired the Siri Remote.

Very odd: the remote could reboot the ATV, so I didn't think it was the problem.

And very odd: I couldn't update the firmware via Mac.

Anyway problem fixed.

Home button + volume up to pair the Siri Remote.

Nov 11, 2021 4:49 PM in response to x121

I’ve tried to update to 15.1.1 twice now…both times it goes through the preparing update part, restarts and then freezes (device blinking, black screen) for HOURS. The first time I finally had to unplug it and it rebooted fine but reverted back to the old OS. (14.7). I’m about to unplug it again…any advice?

(perhaps coincidentally I have six Apple devices all set to automatically update and NONE of them EVER have, this Apple TV included.)

FROZEN Apple TV HD 15.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.