Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently downloaded an update to forticlient for mac os x from filehorse, but it did not work. Then I got the (much larger) file from the official website, which worked fine. I deleted the other one. Still, should I be concerned?!

After upgrading to Monterey, I had problems with Forticlient.

Then I read I had to upgrade it too, to version 7.0.022.

So, I went to the official website from Fortinet, but could not find the download page at first.

Then I googled it and found another website to download it from: filehorse.

Then, I downloaded the (small) .dmg file from this filehorse, but it did not work - the installation stopped with an error message.

So I went again to the official Fortinet website and finally found the (much larger) .dmg file to download, and it worked fine.

I quickly deleted the other .app file, from filehorse. Still, should I be concerned?!

Is there any history of spyware/hack problems with mac os x .dmg files offered by filehorse ?!

thank you for the help.

best,

Claudio

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 10:16 AM

For peace of Mind and Computer - was this from a Third Party UnTrusted site on the first download ??

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware.

Once done, restart computer and test.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 10:16 AM in response to cpale

For peace of Mind and Computer - was this from a Third Party UnTrusted site on the first download ??

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware.

Once done, restart computer and test.

Nov 8, 2021 11:07 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you a lot for the very fast answer and the link to this guide, to reduce risks.

In reality, I have never had any serious problem yet..since the first mac mini back in 2005, and I am very satisfied with Apple overall.

Still, better to ask the question here than to pretend I am the smartest user who never makes mistakes.

That guide is an upgrade...no doubt.

best regards, have a nice week.

Claudio

I recently downloaded an update to forticlient for mac os x from filehorse, but it did not work. Then I got the (much larger) file from the official website, which worked fine. I deleted the other one. Still, should I be concerned?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.