You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 on iPhone 8 - Focus icon white moon on red background

I have a situation where I have upgraded an iPhone 8 to iOS 15. Non-apple apps do not appear to receive push notifications. I have disabled focus settings. When I pull-up-from-bottom-of-screen to view settings shortcuts from the home screen, my Focus icon is a white moon on a red background:

I don't know that this is related, but it looks suspicious and is not the same white-on-gray as I see on other devices.

Any ideas what this colouration of icon means, and whether it's related to push notifications not working as expected?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 5:38 PM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2021 12:58 PM in response to cactus9

Hello cactus9, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're not seeing any push notifications from third-party apps which you use on your iPhone since you have upgraded to iOS 15. Good thinking disabling Focus, to ensure that it's not stopping any notifications. 

Let's begin by answering your question about the color of the Focus icon, as it's appears in the Control Center. From the screenshot you provided it appears that you have a wallpaper which is red. This is the color that you're seeing for the Focus icon. If you change you wallpaper, you should notice the color of the icon will change as well. 

With regard to the notifications not working for third-party apps, begin by checking the notification settings on your iPhone to ensure that there aren't any notification groupings turned on for those apps, that the apps aren't included in a notifications summary, and that the Notification Style is set to the one you desire: Change notification settings on iPhone

For more information about the settings for a notification summary, check out the, "Schedule a notifications summary," from this article: View and respond to notifications on iPhone

Let us know if the issue persists. If it does, is it all third-party apps or only certain ones? 

All the best.

iOS 15 on iPhone 8 - Focus icon white moon on red background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.