Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp isn’t in the notification list

I’m not getting any notification from WhatsApp, I don’t have do not disturb mode active or any focus mode active. Also when I check in settings about notifications, I’m not able to find WhatsApp in the list.

I already reseted all settings, rebooted my phone, uninstalled and installed WhatsApp but nothing have worked.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 1:16 AM

I Fixed the problem by resetting location and privacy, try it just go to settings > general > transfer or reset iPhone > reset > reset location and privacy.

after that just restart your phone, and the problem will be solved

98 replies

Nov 12, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Raicya

Hello. I’m also having the same issue as the user above. I tried everything but my notifications still aren’t coming in. On my notifications WhatsApp isn’t listed in the list of apps. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve reset my phone multiple times but it still isn’t working. Please someone help me with a solution.

Mar 17, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Danieeel

As per https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/troubleshooting/how-to-manage-your-notifications/ explaines that;

Delivery of notifications is controlled entirely by Apple's Push Notification Service (APNS), and WhatsApp has no way to

resolve issues with this service. If someone sends you a message while you’re offline, that message will be sent to APNS to be delivered to your phone. WhatsApp doesn’t have control or visibility over the delivery of these notifications. The issue may be presenting itself in WhatsApp, but the issue derives from APNS or the iOS.

Interesting!

And here is how Apple justifies issue charmingly; Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide: APNs Overview

I LOVE APPLE

Jan 16, 2022 3:37 PM in response to Danieeel

This was happening to me as well. The fix I found was this:

1. Go to settings.
  2. Go to general
  3. Go to Transfer or Reset Phone
  4. Then go to Reset
  5. Then select Reset Location and Privacy
  6. it will ask you to put in your passcode
  7. Then launch What’s App after you have done the above steps
  8. Whats App will then ask to to allow access to contacts and then ask permission to enable notifications. Select allow.
  9. When you go to settings and notifications on your iPhone you will see that What’s App is now listed and you should be able to get notifications now.

Feb 6, 2022 4:11 PM in response to nakia42

Here's my 2 cents:

My wife's iPhone X with iOS 15.3 has also been having problems with notifications. She found that WhatsApp, Viber and Gmail notifications were no longer working. Am guessing this started after the iOS update?

All notifications settings appeared correctly set on iOS and within apps, although notably WhatsApp was not listed within the iOS settings>notifications app list.

I tried:

1. settings>general>Transfer or Reset Phone>Reset>Reset Location and Privacy
  2. launching What’s App & confirming permission permission to enable notifications.
  3. In the iPhone settings>notifications WhatsApp was now listed but notifications were still not working.
  4. Tried restarting phone - WhatsApp notifications were still not working
  5. Went to App Store - no updates were listed, but after I did a search for WhatsApp there was an option listed to update the app, which I did. This did not seem to get notifications working however.
  6. Went to location services in iPhone settings and set WhatsApp to 'always' on. Tested this by briefly sharing location from my wife's phone to mine. After this her WhatsApp Notifications finally started working. Not sure why it took this last step.

Now I just need to try and get Viber and Gmail notifications restored.. Gmail notifications on locked screen are missing, despite iPhone settings suggesting they should be there, and all Viber notifications are also not working.

Rodger

Nov 9, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Danieeel

That's strange.

If I enable Screen Time here, there is a possibility to add WhatsApp, to call via WahtsApp and to send messages.

In any case, there is a setting on the iPhone that prevents WhatsApp app from being added to the list, but I don't know what that setting is.

On your screenshot:

Push notifications are disabled. To enable visit: iPhone settings > notifications > whatsapp

See WhatsApp Troubleshoot notification problems:

https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/troubleshooting/how-to-manage-your-notifications/?lang=en

Click connection

Dec 8, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Danieeel

I have the same problem, it looks like that on ios 15 it only shows in notification setting apps that have asked to allow notifications, so basically every app that you want to have push notifications enabled the app has to request it, unfortunately in WhatsApp, you cant make the app ask for it, unlike telegram that you can make it ask for permission to allow notifications in the settings.

However, there is probably no way to fix that as of now without reinstalling.

I would recommend for apple they should relist all apps in the notification setting like in the old days.

(and WhatsApp should also have the option to make it ask again for notification permission like telegram.)

Jan 11, 2022 6:07 AM in response to Jolene1980

I have exactly the same issue, since buying a new iPhone 13 and updating to iOS 15.1.1 (not bothering with 15.2 until they they fix the battery drain problems). Weirdly, I have the same issue with App Store on iPhone - i.e., no notification on my screen that there are apps that need updating.

Just been on the line to the most clueless Apple Support rep I have spoken to in 10 years (most are really good) - he didn't have any idea what to do. Anyway, I followed one piece of advice above (thank you) to reset location & privacy and it has worked. Let's hope the fix endures. I can't back up WhatsApp chat due to the app demanding that I have available a huge amount more iCloud storage than the size of the backup, which I don't. Frustrating.

Couldn't Apple and Facebook (which owns WhatsApp) between them, with their enormous wealth and resources, sort this out?!?

Jan 11, 2022 12:29 PM in response to Danieeel

I did all that and turn my iPhone 11 on and off and still I don't see WhatsApp on my notification list, any other recommendations. I used to get them before but I had to reset my iPhone due to connectivity issues after that I cant get notifications ( frustrated)

Edit --- sorry now it's working Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Jan 22, 2022 10:01 PM in response to Rosewater7

Many of us facing this issue.. the solution is that install WhatsApp business; the content of your WhatsApp will automatically sync with it.. then delete and reinstall WhatsApp.. it will ask for permission for push notifications.. put it on.. normal WhatsApp will again automatically sync the data.. later you can delete WhatsApp business.. this way no data would be lost and you will start getting notifications..

thanks

hiten

WhatsApp isn’t in the notification list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.