Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AUX not working

So I did not have this problem until I updated to IOS 15 yesterday. I use an aux cord in my car to listen to music and it has always worked fine. Well after updating my phone it doesn’t work anymore, it will say my phone is charging but won’t play music or sound through my car. It’s not the car because it works with my husbands iPhone and my friends iPhone. I’ve tried turning my phone off and back on as well as restarting my car. Help?

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:45 PM

Does your husband have the exact same phone as you, with the exact same iOS? How about your friend? When you mention aux cord, you also mention charging? An aux cord would not have the ability to charge the device. Are you referring to a USB-A cord with a lightning connection? If so, then it is possible that the radio may not support iOS 15. Check with the vehicle manufacturer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 7:45 PM in response to Mistydawn1964

Does your husband have the exact same phone as you, with the exact same iOS? How about your friend? When you mention aux cord, you also mention charging? An aux cord would not have the ability to charge the device. Are you referring to a USB-A cord with a lightning connection? If so, then it is possible that the radio may not support iOS 15. Check with the vehicle manufacturer.

AUX not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.