Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Data not working

My cellular data is not working at all. I looked at settings and it just says that “An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone”. I’ve already updated to the latest version and it solved the problem but then it said this again. I’ve turned my phone on and off multiple times. I’ve tried removing my sim card and putting it back in. I’ve tried turning on airplane mode and then turning it off. I’ve tried everything I can think of and nothing worked and I’ve had this problem for a week now. Please help!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 8:28 PM

Nica04 Said:

"Cellular Data not working: My cellular data is not working at all. I looked at settings and it just says that 'An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone'."

-------

What to Try:

Try updating it through use of a computer. See if it then updates to how it should be.

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Nica04

Nica04 Said:

"Cellular Data not working: My cellular data is not working at all. I looked at settings and it just says that 'An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone'."

-------

What to Try:

Try updating it through use of a computer. See if it then updates to how it should be.

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

Cellular Data not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.