Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air restarts randomly

Hello!

My macbook restarts randomly sometimes and shows this picture about 1 minute.. Why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 5:41 AM

i didn't see anything going on in your report that could cause issues. frankly, it's among the cleanest reports i've seen.

it may be time to contact apple. you can do so with the link below.

Contacting Apple for support and service

3 replies

Nov 9, 2021 8:58 AM in response to birgit288

it appears to me that it might be a hardware failure. possibly a graphics card or display issue. but you said "shows this picture about 1 minute." so i need to ask, does the computer boot normally after you see that anomaly?

if it does, i'm thinking you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

My MacBook Air restarts randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.