Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share folders across multiple computers

My new iMac had to go in for a new logic board. (!) I've just set it up, I have one cloud account, pay for that extra storage, and everything is backed up from the cloud. I like to make folders for current projects, and create them on my desktop. When I open my other computers, a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, the folders pop up on the desk top on those computers. I'm about done setting up the iMac (again) and these same folders on the desktops, are NOT showing up on the iMac desktop. I've googled, and searched this community, and cannot figure out what setting I'm missing to resolve this. Any guidance appreciated!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:33 AM

Thank you, I'm still not sure everything is done synching...to the iMac. (photo library 75K pictures) I started it yesterday after picking it up from the Apple store here. I was looking for the steps to ensure cloud was set up correctly, thanks to your response, I went back to cloud preferences, and everything was checked BUT Desktop & Documents! Eureka! So, your advice did help, because it prompted me to go back and check again! Thank you so much for being so responsive! I have called AppleCare in the past, but also like to try to puzzle thru myself...And as I hit the send button, all my desktop folders have arrived!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 11:33 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you, I'm still not sure everything is done synching...to the iMac. (photo library 75K pictures) I started it yesterday after picking it up from the Apple store here. I was looking for the steps to ensure cloud was set up correctly, thanks to your response, I went back to cloud preferences, and everything was checked BUT Desktop & Documents! Eureka! So, your advice did help, because it prompted me to go back and check again! Thank you so much for being so responsive! I have called AppleCare in the past, but also like to try to puzzle thru myself...And as I hit the send button, all my desktop folders have arrived!

Nov 9, 2021 11:25 AM in response to jrzygrl2

If you are using the same AppleID and have setup iCloud to share your documents across all of your devices they should sync. I would recommend giving AppleCare a call, they can log into your device (with your approval) and look to see if you have missed anything. If you are in the USA that phone number is (800) 275-2273, outside the USA please use the following link: AppleCare contact Information

share folders across multiple computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.