Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Get ready for your new iPhone” message

I bought an iPhone for my son and I can’t get rid of this message on my phone: “get ready for your new iPhone “ ..

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 7:57 AM

Hi Apple,

While well intended, this "feature" is a dumb idea, sorry.

Could you please tell your software team to get rid of this with the next iOs update?

I regularly purchase phones for other family members. This will get old fast, to have to work around (in fact, it's only day 3, and it already got old :)).

There is a backup prompt when stetting up the new phone from an old phone. Just leave it at that, please.

Thank you!

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 7:57 AM in response to ML-me

Hi Apple,

While well intended, this "feature" is a dumb idea, sorry.

Could you please tell your software team to get rid of this with the next iOs update?

I regularly purchase phones for other family members. This will get old fast, to have to work around (in fact, it's only day 3, and it already got old :)).

There is a backup prompt when stetting up the new phone from an old phone. Just leave it at that, please.

Thank you!

“Get ready for your new iPhone” message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.