Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music (Mac OS) keeps skipping to bottom of library

Hi there—I've got a really annoying bug going on. In the SONGS view, my library keeps leaping to the very end of the library, as if I have pressed PAGE DOWN or something, but I have not. It happens almost every time I search for something in the library (by typing the artist name—that's the column I have it sorted by): I will type the artist name, it'll take me there, I'll scroll and choose a song, and then—bang! Takes me right to the end of the library.

It's really annoying me now, and I wondered if anybody else had encountered it, or had any tips. Latest Monterey btw—but it was happening before I upgraded to Monterey as well.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 8:34 AM

Hi. Yep, I'm having a similar issue. Other issues I'm having in the Music app:

• Songs View: Making changes to a selection drops the view down to the very bottom of the list, forcing me to scroll back up to the artist I was making changes to.
  • Songs View: Music app won't remember how I want to sort (Album by Artist/Year). I have to sort the column manually every time I launch the app. (I've had this issue since Big Sur.)
  • Spacial Audio says it's not available. I'm using a MacBook Air M1 2020.
  • In "Get Info" view, when changing the genre I have to select the genre. I used to be able to start typing a genre and it would auto recognize. Auto recognize doesn't work since Monterey upgrade.
  • Bottom scroll bar is always there... even when there's nothing to scroll left and right for.

Hoping that these issues get addressed in a future update.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 8:34 AM in response to jpsmythe

Hi. Yep, I'm having a similar issue. Other issues I'm having in the Music app:

• Songs View: Making changes to a selection drops the view down to the very bottom of the list, forcing me to scroll back up to the artist I was making changes to.
  • Songs View: Music app won't remember how I want to sort (Album by Artist/Year). I have to sort the column manually every time I launch the app. (I've had this issue since Big Sur.)
  • Spacial Audio says it's not available. I'm using a MacBook Air M1 2020.
  • In "Get Info" view, when changing the genre I have to select the genre. I used to be able to start typing a genre and it would auto recognize. Auto recognize doesn't work since Monterey upgrade.
  • Bottom scroll bar is always there... even when there's nothing to scroll left and right for.

Hoping that these issues get addressed in a future update.

Apple Music (Mac OS) keeps skipping to bottom of library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.