Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to just change which iCloud account is used on my Mac

This is a Mac Mini used at my work by my employee. Currently the iCloud account associated with this computer is one of mine. But I would like to assign it to another iCloud account I will create for this employee. I do not want anything else to change on the current setup, Apple mail, installed apps, calendar, etc.

Do I just have her sign out of iCloud and sign in to the new iCloud account?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:08 PM

In this thread if you are using secondary authentication account , overwrite iCloud Keychain verification code if that is not in records ( leave rest of part ) Method to sign out from iCloud account . - Apple Community

See this thread to switch the Apple ID switching from secondary authentication t… - Apple Community

When new apple id is signed in the iCloud data syncs from its server , the previous Apple ID iCloud data won't sync , this article is to be followed before signing out If you sign out of iCloud on Mac - Apple Support

More refined way to copy mails https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-13051

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 7:08 PM in response to ctphoto1

In this thread if you are using secondary authentication account , overwrite iCloud Keychain verification code if that is not in records ( leave rest of part ) Method to sign out from iCloud account . - Apple Community

See this thread to switch the Apple ID switching from secondary authentication t… - Apple Community

When new apple id is signed in the iCloud data syncs from its server , the previous Apple ID iCloud data won't sync , this article is to be followed before signing out If you sign out of iCloud on Mac - Apple Support

More refined way to copy mails https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-13051

Nov 11, 2021 7:22 AM in response to ctphoto1

A single Apple ID is signed in Mac system preferences , if you want to create new Apple ID using the signed in Apple ID credentials , sign in with at www.icloud.com and click on create free new Apple ID keep the Apple ID and password quite different than previous one another method is create from appleid.apple.com see the section - Create an Apple ID on the web

in the article How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Note : you don't need to sign out existing Apple ID from Mac system preferences , the mails , contacts , photos , calendars .....will be intact .

How to just change which iCloud account is used on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.