Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Registration of Mac to New iCloud Account

Have done some searching on the help boards but cannot pin this one down.

My wife has an iMac which is registered under her iCloud Account.

For support purposes and to collect all our Mac devices into one place, how can that registration be changed from her iCloud account to my iCloud account.

We have 10 or so Apple devices and they are all under my iCloud account except this one.

Thanks for any suggestions.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 10:13 AM

See the thread switching from secondary authentication t… - Apple Community

In the screen shot in the empty field you have to enter Apple ID and then password in next field , it depends with which account your Apple ID is set with secondary authentication or 2FA .

Note : if your wife has 2FA account in Mac and signed out Apple ID from Mac system preferences the steps will be totally different and then you sign in with your account credentials say with secondary authentication .

Also when secondary authentication is set , iCloud Keychain verification code is essential as in upcoming steps it has to be filled up .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Rex Ross

See the thread switching from secondary authentication t… - Apple Community

In the screen shot in the empty field you have to enter Apple ID and then password in next field , it depends with which account your Apple ID is set with secondary authentication or 2FA .

Note : if your wife has 2FA account in Mac and signed out Apple ID from Mac system preferences the steps will be totally different and then you sign in with your account credentials say with secondary authentication .

Also when secondary authentication is set , iCloud Keychain verification code is essential as in upcoming steps it has to be filled up .

Change Registration of Mac to New iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.