Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro logic board failure fixes itself

My MacBook Pro stopped powering on. It was diagnosed with logic board failure when repair got RAM beeps. Took it in for a fix a month later, pushed the power button and it came back on and ran perfectly for two days. Stopped powering on again and diagnosed with logic board failure at different repair place with RAM beeps. Same story: started powering on again about three weeks later. Runs perfectly. What do I do now?

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 9:55 AM

Brmcgne wrote:

My MacBook Pro stopped powering on. It was diagnosed with logic board failure when repair got RAM beeps. Took it in for a fix a month later, pushed the power button and it came back on and ran perfectly for two days. Stopped powering on again and diagnosed with logic board failure at different repair place with RAM beeps. Same story: started powering on again about three weeks later. Runs perfectly. What do I do now?

Make sure you have a data backup then get it repaired. It did not "fix itself". It is an intermittent fault that may occur due to position, physical stress, temperature, ...

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Brmcgne

Brmcgne wrote:

Make sure you have a data backup then get it repaired. It did not "fix itself". It is an intermittent fault that may occur due to position, physical stress, temperature, ...

Nov 11, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Brmcgne

Welcome to the world of flaky hardware issues. They drive us all NUTS.

It would be so much nicer if hardware errors would cause your computer to keel over, DEAD when any problem occurred, but alas, that is not how Hardware behaves. it works for a while, then it fails. Then it works again.

You really need to get that thing fixed. Not knowing when you power it up whether it will work or not is a problem by itself.

Nov 11, 2021 5:07 PM in response to Brmcgne

You don't mention the exact model Mac. If it is a Retina model, then a Logic Board is likely bad because the RAM is soldered onto the Logic Board. If you have a non-Retina laptop, then it is possible just one of the RAM slots is bad. You can use the laptop with just a single memory module installed. Typically the slot nearest Bottom Case fails the most often due to cracked solder joints.

macbook pro logic board failure fixes itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.