Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Dies Immidetly after turning on

Hi,

I have a 2009 MBP 13", and whenever I press the power button, it turns on for just a second then immediately turns off. Occasionally, it manages to get to the loading screen, but it still dies after it appears. Also, I have it connected to power, however it hasn't started up in months.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:48 AM

It truly amazes me people are asking how to do anything with a 13 year old computer. It's quite a testament that it even powers on, even if for a moment. That said, it's a 13 year old computer. There are so many things which could be going bad on a 13 year old computer, that there's not likely not much anyone here could diagnose accurately.

Personally, I'd replace it. Your computer hasn't received support for several years from Apple. You could take it to your Apple Store, but I'm not sure they'll touch it at this point. A computer service in your town may be willing to look at it, however.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 9:48 AM in response to iPhone_4_help

It truly amazes me people are asking how to do anything with a 13 year old computer. It's quite a testament that it even powers on, even if for a moment. That said, it's a 13 year old computer. There are so many things which could be going bad on a 13 year old computer, that there's not likely not much anyone here could diagnose accurately.

Personally, I'd replace it. Your computer hasn't received support for several years from Apple. You could take it to your Apple Store, but I'm not sure they'll touch it at this point. A computer service in your town may be willing to look at it, however.

Macbook Pro Dies Immidetly after turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.