Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 MB Pro 14" to Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display - display intermittently turns on

Using this adapter, I have tried restarting, unplugging, and re-powering up laptop and display to get a reliable connection. 90% of the time the display is black. Occasionally, not through any repeatable steps, the TB display appears and is useable... until the laptop sleeps. Then, on wake, the display is black and no matter what I do it does not reappear.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 10:17 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 13, 2021 1:13 AM in response to mobile4

I have seen a similar issue with a Samsung display, 16" MBP 2021. If I restart the computer, the display will power on correctly, but if I wake from sleep, the display never comes back. I am running HDMI to USBC via adapter (because it's one of 2 displays, the other is direct HDMI and works fine).

I was able to fix the issue by opening Display Settings and manually changing the Refresh Rate, then changing it back. But as soon as the computer sleeps, the display goes back to black.

2021 MB Pro 14" to Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display - display intermittently turns on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.