Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Display issue

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)"

I noticed that when I tilt the screen back beyond the 90 degree angle the screen goes black. Then if I move it back to 90 degrees it gets illuminated. But the angles vary a lot. Sometimes it gets illuminated only If I move it back to 60 degrees and sometimes a little more than 90 degrees.

One important thing to mention: when I open the lid until 60 degrees there's no stage light issue, the display is clean, with no shadows. The issue starts at 60 degree with the shadows appearing and screen brightness being lowered until it goes black.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:35 PM

It is a known defect with the display cable. Apple has a free repair program for the 2016 model, but not for any of the other USB-C models unfortunately. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

1 reply

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.