Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem using Apple Wallet on watch

I have an Apple Watch SE. Double-clicking the side button used to open Apple Wallet with my cards showing. Now it just shows "hold near reader" with no option to select a card. In the Settings app in my phone, I do have "Double-click Home Button" enabled, and when I look at Wallet settings in the Watch app, it shows 3 cards enabled on my watch. I did a hard reset on the watch, and it worked one time (I was able to select a card). Then when I tried a 2nd time, it reverted to the black screen with "hold near reader". It does work fine if I open Wallet from the app menu, just not when I double-click. Any ideas?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 12:59 PM

Hi WoodyJohn,

We see you're having trouble with Apple Pay on your watch. Since resetting didn't work, we'd recommend removing the cards and adding them again to your watch. You can learn how to do that here: Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch

If the issue persists after that you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 12:59 PM in response to WoodyJohn

Hi WoodyJohn,

We see you're having trouble with Apple Pay on your watch. Since resetting didn't work, we'd recommend removing the cards and adding them again to your watch. You can learn how to do that here: Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch

If the issue persists after that you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

problem using Apple Wallet on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.