Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Optimized Battery charging not working

I charge my Apple watch overnight but Optimized battery charging is NOT working, but it works for my iPhone.

I charge my Apple Watch and iPhone overnight on

Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9PM - 6:20AM

Tuesdays from 10PM - 7AM

Fridays and Saturdays from 11PM - 7AM

(Those charging schedules vary depending on what's happening this week)

I've been using those charging schedules for DAYS now, bur the Apple Watch battery keeps on charging to 100% instead of 80% as advertised just like my iPhone. I think that either I'm NOT doing something right, or Optimized Battery Charging just DOESN'T work with those kind of schedules on Apple Watch - Please Help!

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Wait, It looks like optimized battery charging finally STARTED working for my Apple Watch, now looking at the battery chart! It looked like it just took a few weeks for it to count my schedules as my daily charging routine!

4 replies

Nov 11, 2021 7:38 PM in response to funmilayo256

See the 'Use optimized battery charging' section in:

Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support

Out of curiosity, what makes you think it is not working? Did you use the 'See charging details in Settings' section in:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

It may just be that the watch needs more time to adapt to your schedule than your iPhone does.

Nov 25, 2021 7:53 AM in response to javaliga

I just have one more question about the optimized battery charging feature:

Just like on iPhone where you get an optimized battery charging notification and you could choose the feature to "Charge now", is there a way you could do the same thing to the Apple Watch on your iPhone? They should add that option just in case you're traveling and you need your apple watch to be charged now.

Apple Watch Optimized Battery charging not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.