Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.6 audio clip cuts the first second or two before it starts playing the sound

I saw this question asked a few years ago but didn't see a resolution. This is very basic. I have added an audio clip to my project, and wherever i start playing, it takes 1-2 seconds before the sound is heard. And when i export a movie file, that means the first 1-2 seconds of the sound at the beginning of the movie can't be heard.

The audio clip is fine since i can import it into FCPX and it works fine.

I'm running Monterey 12.0.1 on an iMac pro with plenty of horsepower (3 GHz 10-Core Xeon W, 64 GB ram).

Any help would be most appreciated.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 10:21 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 12, 2021 6:41 AM in response to fox_m

Thanks for your response. I had those settings already checked based on feedback from a thread from a few years ago.

But i now have resolved the issue, ironically, by using the time tested solution - shut down and reboot. I'm glad to say it's been resolved now but frustrated i spent so much time trying to fix it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Nov 11, 2021 10:40 PM in response to 23JLong

I’m still learning Motion myself. So forgive me if I state something obvious.

Is there a behavior (fade in/fade out) in there somewhere that needs to be deactivated perhaps.

I would also give a try to creating a project longer than the length of the audio clip, then cut out the extra sections from the exported file.

My two cents.

Nov 11, 2021 10:58 PM in response to morpheuz7

Thanks for the reply but I think it’s something else. This doesn’t happen just at the beginning of the project/clip, it happens anywhere I place the play head. So for example I can start in the middle of the project and hit play and the movie appears fine but I won’t hear any audio for 1-2 seconds. But then when it finally starts, it’s in sync and totally fine.

I was looking for a setting of some sort that might explain the behavior but can’t find anything. I do see a lot of comments about Motion not really being designed for audio, which I get, but what I’m doing isn’t too complicated.

thanks for your response.

Motion 5.6 audio clip cuts the first second or two before it starts playing the sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.