Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop switching display glitch

It has almost been a year and no one has replied to this (thread 252152435). I am reposting this because I am having this issue as-well on an M1 MacBook Pro.

"Hey all,

Have a new M1 MacBook Pro and when I swipe between desktops I get a weird display glitch in the top right of the display. It doesn't do it at any other time, only when swiping between desktops.

I took it to an Apple store and they determined it's not a hardware issue. I did a wipe and re-install of macOS and it's still glitching. I figure it's likely a bug in the M1 and/or Big Sur but curious if anyone else has experienced this as well.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:42 PM

"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252152435

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 13, 2021 6:49 AM in response to pierre452

Hi pierre452,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that your display isn't working as expected, so we'd like to see how we can help. Start by checking your cable or adapter. Disconnect the cable from your external display from your Mac, then reconnect it. Also, make sure your Mac and display are connected with good quality cables and adapters. If you have any nearby electrical devices, try relocating them or moving your Mac and display to see if you notice an improvement.

To further isolate the behavior, create another administrator account with these steps: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. This step will help with determining if the issue only occurs with a specific account.

Take care.

Desktop switching display glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.