Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 unboxing come with “hair” & tiny scratch

why Ceramic Shield so easily scratch compare to my iPhone 7 - yet I’m not sure the scratch come with phone or aft I open the phone

My first time get my iPhone online purchase due to pandemic , and it come with a fiber hair stick on the screen and a scratch that notice aft 3 day of unboxing aft under sunlight - (regret buy iphone 13 online & believe claim that if hard that gorilla glass )

Never expect iPhone 13 so called Ceramic Shield is so easily scratched (not sure the scratch appear before or after I open) .

Since I unboxing and activation day is different , and also notice the scratch after activate , the seller do not willing to exchange it . I wonder why there is a “hair” stick on the area where I notice the tiny scratch later in a new iPhone .

Unlucky or careless ?

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 3:54 AM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2021 7:35 AM in response to sui113

Hello Sui113,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iPhone 13 came with a hair and scratch on the screen.

We would be unable to speculate as to why this has occurred, but we can help out.

If this was originally purchased through the Apple Online Store, then you have 14 days to return or exchange the item: Returns & Refunds

Use this link to connect with Apple about this concern: Get Support

In case this was purchased through a Reseller or second hand, then you'd want to contact the Reseller or store for their return/exchange policy.

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Nov 13, 2021 8:54 PM in response to destiny241

Thanks for the reply.

i had contact the reseller the day aft I notice the scratch , but the problem is 5 day later . They don’t accept it since already pass few day aft activation and I didn’t notify them early on the hair inside the packaging when opening .

Moral of story : Please check properly on the phone for those purchase online and notify seller before you activate the phone

Ceramic shield is just another glass that is not scratch free or as tough as it advertise by Apple . Please don’t let the jargon high end name or advertisement fool you .

Nov 13, 2021 11:32 PM in response to KiltedTim

Not sure 🤔 whether this shop is authorized resellers or not . But since it have offer on extended warranty for 1 extra year coverage which don’t cover my scratch , so I bet to purchase it online for first time .

Is good to gain some experience . 😂

So nextime I will choose the authorized, since the price of phone is the same .

iPhone 13 unboxing come with “hair” & tiny scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.