Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pros seem to be missing some features

I have just bought a second hand pair of AirPods pro that are still under warranty.

They sound pretty good and feel very comfortable but some of the features appear to be missing. Most obvious to me it auto device switching doesn’t seem to work. I have paired with my iPhone (running iOS 15.1) seemed fine. However when I try to auto connect my iPad pro it will not connect. The only way I can connect is to manually disconnect from iPhone first and then manually connect to iPad. When I then try to connect back to iPhone it doesn’t work at all and I need to unpair and repair. This isn’t the seamless Apple experience I’m used to. Looking online it seems that there should be a setting under the Aripods in the Bluetooth menu to set auto connect behaviour for the device. This is missing from mine. Doesn’t work wit my iMac either without disconnecting and repairing.

All devices on latest OS and firmware. All devices on same iCloud account.

Driving me mad. Still under warranty so think I may need to make a long trip to the Applestore.

Any help that might save me a trip appreciated.

Also I’m not sure that the noise cancelling or spatial audio are working. Settings are there but not sure they have any affect.

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 6:34 PM

As to you last point, if you go to:

Settings > Bluetooth > [Your AirPods]

and tap on the circled i, you should then see an option for ":Ear Tip Fit Test" and "See and Hear How Spatial Audio Works". If you can't get a good fit and/or don't hear any difference with Spatial Audio demonstration (or see those options), then something is definitely wrong. Try resetting the AirPods and see if that makes any difference.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

If you set up your AirPods with your iPhone and your Mac is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, your AirPods should be ready to use with your Mac. AirPods Pro require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 6:34 PM in response to RDH

As to you last point, if you go to:

Settings > Bluetooth > [Your AirPods]

and tap on the circled i, you should then see an option for ":Ear Tip Fit Test" and "See and Hear How Spatial Audio Works". If you can't get a good fit and/or don't hear any difference with Spatial Audio demonstration (or see those options), then something is definitely wrong. Try resetting the AirPods and see if that makes any difference.

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

If you set up your AirPods with your iPhone and your Mac is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, your AirPods should be ready to use with your Mac. AirPods Pro require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

AirPods Pros seem to be missing some features

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.