Can my airpods prompt me before autoconnecting to devices?

I have my airpods paired with many devices (phone, PC, car, etc.). It is just very flakey and annoying. For example, I am listing to music on my phone and boot up my computer for work and my pods will automatically disconnect from the phone and connect to the computer in spite of actively playing something on the phone. Or my husband will turn my car on and then the phone disconnects from my headphones and connects to the car unprompted. It is very annoying. Is there a way to have my headphones NOT disconnect if already connected to something else or at least prompt me? I don't want to unpair everything and repair every few hours or every day. It takes several minutes to pair to car especially with passwords etc and it is quite annoying. Trying to find a solution for this?

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 8:46 AM

I think you should find some help in the Bluetooth settings for your AirPods. It took a bit of trial and error, but I found a setting with my AirPods Pro not connected to my iPad, Connect to This iPad ... (options) Automatically/When Last Connected to This iPad.

To find it, leave your charging case closed and hit Settings/Bluetooth then hit the (i) button next to your AirPods. The option should be the top one, above items like Model Name, Model Number.

If you open the charging case all the options change and you will have to scroll around to find it. Probably just below Ear Tip Fit Test.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 8:46 AM in response to embraun84

I think you should find some help in the Bluetooth settings for your AirPods. It took a bit of trial and error, but I found a setting with my AirPods Pro not connected to my iPad, Connect to This iPad ... (options) Automatically/When Last Connected to This iPad.

To find it, leave your charging case closed and hit Settings/Bluetooth then hit the (i) button next to your AirPods. The option should be the top one, above items like Model Name, Model Number.

If you open the charging case all the options change and you will have to scroll around to find it. Probably just below Ear Tip Fit Test.

Can my airpods prompt me before autoconnecting to devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.