Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eduroam network issues with airplay and connectivity

My HomePod mini plays music fine through “hey Siri” but airplay does not work and my iPhone can’t see it over the network.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:46 AM

For normal AirPlay both devices have to be on the same local network and visible to each other. I can imagine Eduroam gives each device a route out to the Internet, but as isolated devices unable to make peer-to-peer connections. If you're able to connect both HomePod and iPhone to the same local network at some point, or can access the HomePod in the Home app with the current configuration, you could try going to Home > {Your Home} > Allow Speaker & TV Access and select Everyone. This may allow peer-to-peer AirPlay.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 11:46 AM in response to zev243

For normal AirPlay both devices have to be on the same local network and visible to each other. I can imagine Eduroam gives each device a route out to the Internet, but as isolated devices unable to make peer-to-peer connections. If you're able to connect both HomePod and iPhone to the same local network at some point, or can access the HomePod in the Home app with the current configuration, you could try going to Home > {Your Home} > Allow Speaker & TV Access and select Everyone. This may allow peer-to-peer AirPlay.

tt2

Eduroam network issues with airplay and connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.