Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini airplay and network

When I cast music to my Homepod Mini from an iphone all the other wireless speakers on my network are ejected and no longer available for airplay from the iphone. The other airplay speakers are still visible on my network and still available for casting from a macbook.

It seems as though the only way to restore the speakers for airplay casting from the iphone is to reset the iphone network settings.

Anyone else had this? Is there a bug in ios (14.4.2) or in the homepod mini?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:47 PM

With the assistance of Apple Support, identified the source of issue and a workaround.

Issue is that as soon as iPhone uses the Homepod via Airplay, it then defaults to the list of speaker devices available in Homekit and not the full list of devices available on the network. Other devices are no longer visible in the list of airplay devices. 

The first workaround is to play music to the iphone. The full list of network devices available for Airplay then re-appears. 

The second possibility is to add all your speakers/devices to the HomeKit (if they are Airplay2 compatible).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Qu3ry

With the assistance of Apple Support, identified the source of issue and a workaround.

Issue is that as soon as iPhone uses the Homepod via Airplay, it then defaults to the list of speaker devices available in Homekit and not the full list of devices available on the network. Other devices are no longer visible in the list of airplay devices. 

The first workaround is to play music to the iphone. The full list of network devices available for Airplay then re-appears. 

The second possibility is to add all your speakers/devices to the HomeKit (if they are Airplay2 compatible).

Homepod mini airplay and network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.