Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch unread messages wont sync watchOS 8.1 | iOS 15.1

Hi,

issue: imessage comes in, i get an unread badge count on iphone 13. i read the message on iphone. unread message still shows unread on apple watch 6.

actions performed and the problem still persists

1. upgraded to latest and greatest OS on both devices. currently on watchOS 8.1, iOS 15.1.
  2. apple watch reset sync data. does nothing! what is the purpose of this?
  3. Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, setup as NEW apple watch.
  4. power off watch, power off iphone, power on iphone, power on watch...
  5. turn off imessage on phone number and email addresses on iphone. turn back on...
  6. turn notifications from Mirror my iphone to custom, and then back to Mirror my iphone
  7. phone is on wifi and mobile connection, apple watch is on mobile connection and wifi.
  8. airplane mode, turn all radios back on

apple watch 6, iphone 13. this is annoying.

any guidance beyond what people have been asking over and over and getting the same responses is helpful. googling, i come across the exact same recommendations. i've done them all numerous times.

i would like a seamless life where i can rely on my watch via a glance to let me know if i have any unread messages. .

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 7:52 PM

All I can suggest at this point is to use the 'Get Support' link at the top-right corner of this page. Just out of curiosity, if you first read the message on your watch does it then still show as unread on your iPhone?

1 reply

apple watch unread messages wont sync watchOS 8.1 | iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.