Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Mail content not loading in Monterey Mail (fine on my other devices)

So I am aware of the new Privacy functionality in Mail v15 for MacOS Monterey, and I have expressly turned it off. **Some** emails with remote content render just fine. But **many** do not... and I can't see why.

When I look at the RAW message content for the messages not being rendered... the data is all in there. It's just not being rendered in either preview or opening the full message on my M1 Mac Mini running Monterey. The very same email messages render just fine in Gmail via a web browser, and in Mail on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur, and in Mail on my iPhone 12 running iOS 14.

No, I do NOT have antivirus or email checking software as I see elsewhere these have caused issues. This is a standard M1 Mac Mini which I upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1 with Apple Software Update. I have rebooted, flipped the privacy controls on, then off again, etc.

Any ideas? I'm a 34 year IT industry veteran and long time Mac user... more than a little frustrated!

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:41 PM

hongcotton: I have a solution!

In Mail select Mailbox->Rebuild... then wait. You may have to quit Mail and re-enter it to initiate the rebuild. But once done, every old email that wouldn't render now renders for me at least.

Hope this helps you too.

Similar questions

6 replies

Some Mail content not loading in Monterey Mail (fine on my other devices)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.