Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I prevent Siri from asking “Which John” when scheduling appointment

Whenever I ask Siri to schedule an appointment with a particular person it always wants to attribute the appt to a specific individual. I don’t want this because it will often send invites to the wrong person or I just don’t want to bother with that. I’ve read numerous forum posts on this but they are all 4+ years old. Has Apple ever bothered to fix this? I would happily schedule it with my fingers if I could but my work prevents me from doing that very frequently and I can’t always remember to schedule something later. My meeting list is often long and I have an active job. Please help.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:37 PM

Dear Dalanwhitaker,

You can ask Siri: "remind me to schedule a meeting with John", this will make a reminder and will never ask which Johh, so you can later schedule the meeting how you would like. An added tip would be to ask Siri to remind you of this in e.g. 3 hours like: "Remind me in 3 hours to schedule a meeting with John".

Hope it helps :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Dalanwhitaker

Dear Dalanwhitaker,

You can ask Siri: "remind me to schedule a meeting with John", this will make a reminder and will never ask which Johh, so you can later schedule the meeting how you would like. An added tip would be to ask Siri to remind you of this in e.g. 3 hours like: "Remind me in 3 hours to schedule a meeting with John".

Hope it helps :)

How can I prevent Siri from asking “Which John” when scheduling appointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.