Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow internet speed when upgraded to MacOS Monterey

When I upgraded to Monterey my internet speed on my mac slowed down to an awful 2Mb/s based on https://www.speedtest.net/ readings. On any other devices the internet speed was fine except for my mac.

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:12 AM

Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect. 

AntiVirus Software should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS. There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation.  

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 4:12 AM in response to addictedtomilk8

Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect. 

AntiVirus Software should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS. There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation.  

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Slow internet speed when upgraded to MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.