Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect Samsung T5 (2-tera) to MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.0.1/ M1 chip

I give up. Tried everything, including security changes, running the Samsung cleanup script and every other fix I could find on the Web.

Has anyone else successfully connected a T5 to a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.0.1?

Thx!

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:27 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Dunvegan

M1 chip I have no direct knowledge, but our five Intel Macs use the T7s as standby systems. The three iMacs are by direct installation of 12.0.1 and the two MacBook Pros are CCC 6 bootable clones that do in fact boot.

Just a WAG, but I be surprised if it's the M1 chip. More likely there's a flaw, in the OS installation which by itself is a little odd it being an obviously new device.

Maybe restart in Safe Mode and let it churn for 10-15 minutes and see if that helps. Then there are the resets to cover all the bases.

https://rapidrepair.in/blog/reset-m1-mac-smc-nvram-pram/

My T7s came with cables. I found by accident that all performed considerably better with the cable supplied with the units.

Can't connect Samsung T5 (2-tera) to MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.0.1/ M1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.