Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding jpegs without the photos

How do I attach jpegs without the photos?

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:04 AM

The easiest way to add photos to an email and have them not on view at the receiving end is to: 1 - put them in a folder and add the folder to the email; 2 - Control (right) - click on them, select Compress from the contextual menu and add the compressed file to the email.

9 replies

Nov 15, 2021 7:29 AM in response to Dot512

In apple mail - if you add an image, right click it, and select view as icon - it will show as just the icon.

However the problem with email is you are in the hands of the recipients email app. Even if you choose to send it showing as an icon - it may be that the recipients app will expand that to show the full image. In this case, yes they just have to live with it.

Just by way of example, I sent to emails to my Gmail address. One with the jpg showing as an icon and the other with it showing as in image. In both cases it showed in the browser gmail client as a thumbnail as shown in the screenshot.

Nov 15, 2021 6:55 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am hopeless when it comes to anything in IT nor can I speak the correct terms but here goes. I am an artist and I was trying to enter a show. The director asked me to attach the jpegs to my email but did not want the actual pictures in the body of the email. A friend who also has a Mac came over and helped me get the jpegs into the email and was sure they would arrive without the pictures but they did not. I had spent 7 hours the day previous to that trying to figure it out and then called Apple support andaybe it can't be done with Mac and the director will just have to live with that.

Nov 15, 2021 7:31 AM in response to TonyCollinet

One option is to compress the image (or images) into a zip file, and then send that - in that case it won't show as an image, but the recipient will have to unzip it.

Another possibility is to use the web site "we transfer". You can upload your images there, and then get a link to send in the email. When the recipient clicks the link, they are able to download the image files.

Nov 15, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Dot512

I tried the zip. Don't know if I did it right but I sent it to myself and by double clicking I got a thumb nail and by double clicking that I got the file to open. Don't know if that will make the director happy but it seems to be the best answer. Thank all of you so much. Now that I have found a way to get answer I will not drive you all crazy.

adding jpegs without the photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.