Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of Game Center permanently?

I deleted the account on my Mac. I turned it off in iOS15.

Every time I want to play a game, the Mac or the iPhone bothers me to sign in. I can cancel every time but I cannot stop it from asking. I see no purpose to this at all.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 1:30 PM

SteveShapiro wrote:

Deleting my Apple ID is not a reasonable solution. I need that Apple ID for multiple things - like posting here, connecting to the cloud, getting software...

This is something that, for me, serves no purpose and is very annoying.

Your choices here are to delete your Apple ID, or to ignore the Game Center chatter.

There is presently no means to do what you want; to keep your Apple ID, to play games, to not see Game Center chatter.

You can also choose to let Apple know your opinion here too; to log your feedback with Apple.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2021 1:30 PM in response to SteveShapiro

SteveShapiro wrote:

Deleting my Apple ID is not a reasonable solution. I need that Apple ID for multiple things - like posting here, connecting to the cloud, getting software...

This is something that, for me, serves no purpose and is very annoying.

Your choices here are to delete your Apple ID, or to ignore the Game Center chatter.

There is presently no means to do what you want; to keep your Apple ID, to play games, to not see Game Center chatter.

You can also choose to let Apple know your opinion here too; to log your feedback with Apple.

Nov 15, 2021 9:38 AM in response to SteveShapiro

SteveShapiro wrote:

Every time I want to play a game, the Mac or the iPhone bothers me to sign in. I can cancel every time but I cannot stop it from asking. I see no purpose to this at all.

Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts... +/-

Play games on your Mac - Apple Support

Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support

Game Center & Privacy - Apple

Game Center Overview - Apple Developer

Access your Apple Arcade gameplay data on all of your devices

Nov 15, 2021 8:56 AM in response to SteveShapiro

SteveShapiro wrote:

This seems be contradicted in later posting is it not ?

So which is right ?

As this Application is Built Into the iOS or macOS - getting rid of it is permanently is not possible.

How can I get rid of Game Center permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.