Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable Game Center?

How do I disable Game Center so that it doesn't constantly ask me to log in? Or, if I finally give up and log in, how do I get it to stop reminding me that I'm logged in? And how do I change the name under which I'm logged in, because I have no idea where it came from?

Generally speaking, Apple doesn't provide adequate (or any, for that matter) control over one's use of Game Center. In this case, they're being supremely USER-UNFRIENDLY.

This question has been asked for years but never satisfactorily answered. I tried several suggestions to no avail. And I did go to Apple's Product Feedback page to register my complaint, but Game Center is not displayed as a service on that page. So not possible to communicate w/ Apple about GC there.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 10:24 AM

Thanks, but this answer doesn't help me figure out how to get Game Center to leave me alone.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 11, 2021 1:01 AM in response to jackfromor

Use the same Apple ID every time you sign in to use all Apple services like the App Store, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime.

Where can I use my Apple ID?

You can sign in to all Apple services with a single Apple ID and password.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It contains the email address and password you use to sign in, plus all of the contacts, payment, and security details you use for all Apple services.

Here are some of the most common services that you can access to your Apple ID:

• App Store & Apple Arcade
  • Apple Books
  • Apple Music & Music Purchases
  • Apple News
  • Apple Online Store
  • Apple Pay, Apple Card, and Apple Cash 
  • Apple Podcasts
  • Apple Retail Services and Programs (Concierge, Joint Venture, Workshops and Youth Programs)
  • Apple Store App
  • Apple Support Communities
  • AppleTV, Apple TV +, and Apple TV channels
  • FaceTime
  • ShareFamilies
  • Find My
  • Game Center
  • iCloud
  • iMessage
  • iTunes
  • Sign in to Apple

To manage your Apple ID account to your information, go Apple ID accounts page.

This list is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to include all features or services that use Apple ID. Visit for more information  Apple ID support page

How do I disable Game Center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.