Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud icon next to folder in Finder

On my MacBook Air (M1 2020) it has the iCloud icon next to my folder labeled Schools. I do not know what this Icon is and I do not know how to get it to go away. This is the only folder in my iCloud Drive that does this. None of the items in that folder have the icon either. If someone could tell me how to make it go away or what the icon means that would be greatly appreciated. I am on macOS 12.0.1.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 5:02 PM

It might be online as all of the contained documents are in iCloud. Check at iCloud.com/drive. If the icon bothers you, drag the entire folder into your downloads folder, then drag it back where it was. That will remove the download from iCloud and then upload it again.

4 replies

iCloud icon next to folder in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.