Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple airpods have diferent serial number?

I used to own AirPods 2 (bought ir at best buyI but i lost them, recently purchased a AirPods 3 tried it for two days but didn't work out with my ear been to small and falling out, i decided to return them at best buy where i purchased it in exchange getting the 2nd generation again since it goes well with my ears. Suprise!! I couldnt because the airpods have a diferent serial number from the casing and box. Receipt, casing, box had same serial number but not the airpods each individual had diferent numbers from others. Managers didnt want to exchange them because of missmatch. I was so upset and left because they said they could t do anything about it. Call apple they said all airpods need to have the same seria number on everything when is original. I contacted best buy costumer service and they couldnt do anything since it wasnt done online, inly option store; i went back to the store and asked to talk to the district supervisor, a manager came he was been nice at all, and just did not want to deal with my issue, i explained him

over and over that i just purchased it 2 days ago and i told him i dont want a refund i just want the 2nd generation because fits my ear perfect, after a long begging he decided to exchange it. I understand he need to protext the company and i wasnt looking for free stuff .he came back with the second generation airpods and told me: i will open this airpods here in front of you so you can see all airpods have the same serial, i said ok; and guess what; suprise!! Those airpods also had different serial number from the casing and box. I was so anxiously relief that i can prove them i wasn't trying to be smart with them.

he apologize because he really made me look like a fool in front of his coworkers, he end up giving me those airpods because thats the only ones they have, i took them i test them and were working , hope doesnt fail on me .

now if apple have same

serial number on all the airpods and casing why best but have this situations? And they are not even refurbished or low price they charged me as original. Are these fake airpods? Does best buy resell returns?

please apple clarify that issue since i was reading a lot of forums , im not the only one with these situations.

who knows maybe all third party resellers are doing the same thing.?

anybody can asnwer this?

sorry for the long story

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 4:50 PM

Straight from Apple:

2. With AirPods (2nd generation) AirPods Pro, and AirPods (3rd generation), each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

Also, Apple is not here.

This is a user to user support forum.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Jchabla

Straight from Apple:

2. With AirPods (2nd generation) AirPods Pro, and AirPods (3rd generation), each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

Also, Apple is not here.

This is a user to user support forum.

Apple airpods have diferent serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.