Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I had a device stolen or lost and somebody found it would they be able to access my information? I recently had cross application fraud and I believe it was related to my iCloud account. I’ve had a device that was stolen as well as another lost

about five months ago I had an old iPhone 8 that I wasn’t using end it was stolen by some workers at my house. Since it did not have my Sim card and had not been powered on for sometime, it did not show in the list I have find my iPhone as one of my products. I did not realize it had been stolen for several weeks, if somebody conducted fraud using a remote desktop app would you be able to tell versus using a separate device? In other words is it connected to the location or the device, all of the information on where the call or fraud originated from?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:18 PM

They would still have to know your passcode to even get into it.

You say you hadn't turned this on for some time. I recently started an old iPhone that hadn't been turned on in several months. When I turned it on I had to enter my Apple ID and password to activate it again. Unless you have weak security then it is unlikely your information is accessible.

Click on this link for general information about what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 7:18 PM in response to alisa203

They would still have to know your passcode to even get into it.

You say you hadn't turned this on for some time. I recently started an old iPhone that hadn't been turned on in several months. When I turned it on I had to enter my Apple ID and password to activate it again. Unless you have weak security then it is unlikely your information is accessible.

Click on this link for general information about what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

If I had a device stolen or lost and somebody found it would they be able to access my information? I recently had cross application fraud and I believe it was related to my iCloud account. I’ve had a device that was stolen as well as another lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.