Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working on MacOs / M1 Mac mini / ATV 4K

I have 3 x HomePod mini, and 1 Sonos beam (airplay 2 enabled).

When I airplay music from iPhone, it works seamlessly, I can each choose which devices to use, and volume, HomePod can always use Siri to control all the devices.

on the ATV, airplay seems to also work, BUT only the Sonos which is connected to the ATV sound is in sync, the HomePods in other rooms have a second or 2 delays

Trying to airplay music from iTunes or Podcast from my M1 Mac mini (on latest version macOS Monterey), only sometimes it works. Especially if I use computer first then switch to using the phone to airplay, then the MacOS can never take it back. (the phone seems to be always ok to over the airplay streaming from the computer just fine).

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 6:50 PM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2021 2:42 PM in response to BadPuppy

Hello BadPupply,

We'd love to assist you with getting AirPlay to work properly on all your devices and we're happy to help. To start, have you restarted all devices including the speakers to see if it resolves the issue?

Also, for the iPhone and Mac, have you checked to make sure the software is up to date on both devices by completing the steps below?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update macOS on Mac

You can also find some great steps here:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Best regards

Nov 19, 2021 11:51 AM in response to K_Wall44

Hello, I did all the steps you listed but the problem still persists.

The very first time after I restarted all the devices, iTunes on Mac is able to stream to all the HomePod minis and the Sonos, and it showed a checkmark next to each devices.

But after I airplay using my iPhone, and tried to switch back using iTunes on my Mac, when I click the airplay button, I can see that each devices will show a check mark for one or two seconds, although no sound actually playing, then the checkmarks would change to a white horizontal bar as appear in picture I posted in the original post.

Airplay not working on MacOs / M1 Mac mini / ATV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.