Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problem, reset bluetooth module button does not show up.

I try to connect my Keychron K2V1 to my MacBook Pro 13" 2019, I always have a problem with my Bluetooth connection. Sometimes it cannot see any of my Keychron devices. Sometimes it can see, but when I click to connect my keyboard, it will show the loading animation forever. I try to reset the Bluetooth module, and it works. So, I have to reset my Bluetooth every time I want to connect my keyboard via Bluetooth. But since I updated my MacBook to Monterey, the reset Bluetooth module button has disappeared. I also try to reset SMC too, and it still not working.

What should I do to fix this problem?

P.S. My Keychron's Bluetooth module is working well, I can connect it to my other devices(my iPad).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:49 PM

rit_wrpt Said:

"Bluetooth problem, reset bluetooth module button does not show up.[...]What should I do to fix this problem?

P.S. My Keychron's Bluetooth module is working well, I can connect it to my other devices(my iPad)."

-------

Resetting the Bluetooth Module:

Resetting the Bluetooth Module in that method is simply just no longer an option. It is just not part of macOS Monterey. For reference, I wrote this user tip back in April 2021, prior to the release of macOS Monterey: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip. So, try the following...

• Restart the Mac
  • Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:
  • Use Terminal:
sudo pkill bluetoothd

So, Recommend it Comes Back:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback of this issue. Include how you’ve troubleshot this, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what suits their customer prefer, and what to include in macOS versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: That you want this option to come back.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 7:49 PM in response to rit_wrpt

rit_wrpt Said:

"Bluetooth problem, reset bluetooth module button does not show up.[...]What should I do to fix this problem?

P.S. My Keychron's Bluetooth module is working well, I can connect it to my other devices(my iPad)."

-------

Resetting the Bluetooth Module:

Resetting the Bluetooth Module in that method is simply just no longer an option. It is just not part of macOS Monterey. For reference, I wrote this user tip back in April 2021, prior to the release of macOS Monterey: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip. So, try the following...

• Restart the Mac
  • Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:
  • Use Terminal:
sudo pkill bluetoothd

So, Recommend it Comes Back:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of your feedback of this issue. Include how you’ve troubleshot this, and your results. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive from its users, the more likely they will know what suits their customer prefer, and what to include in macOS versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: That you want this option to come back.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 16, 2021 7:52 PM in response to rit_wrpt

rit_wrpt Said:

-------

Restore from a Backup: 

BTW: Did you recently create a backup of your Mac prior to performing this upgrade? if so, restore from the backup. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your Mac, prior making any major changes to your device, such as an Operating System upgrade. Important: Be certain you create a backup, prior to this restoration, even.

Bluetooth problem, reset bluetooth module button does not show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.