Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What’s with the “important display message” it keeps notifying me, what am I supposed to do?

Why do I keep getting a notification for an “important display message” it’s saying it’s unable to verify my phone has a genuine apple display. What does that even mean? How can I fix this? It’s been notifying me since I’ve updated my phone??

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 9:15 AM

If you had your display changed by an unauthorized 3rd party, iOS 15 now identifies said displays and issues that warning. It means your display is not an authentic Apple display for iPhone. Probably a reproduction or reclaimed display.

There is nothing you can do except to get a real authentic Apple display for your iPhone. The message will not prevent you from using your iPhone.

As explained in the support document you posted from, you will see a notification on your Lock screen for the first 4 days that you use your device and in the Settings app for 15 days. After that period, you can find the notification by going to Settings > General > About.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 9:15 AM in response to hannahmcdevitt

If you had your display changed by an unauthorized 3rd party, iOS 15 now identifies said displays and issues that warning. It means your display is not an authentic Apple display for iPhone. Probably a reproduction or reclaimed display.

There is nothing you can do except to get a real authentic Apple display for your iPhone. The message will not prevent you from using your iPhone.

As explained in the support document you posted from, you will see a notification on your Lock screen for the first 4 days that you use your device and in the Settings app for 15 days. After that period, you can find the notification by going to Settings > General > About.

What’s with the “important display message” it keeps notifying me, what am I supposed to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.